Hapcho profusely congratulate Rachell Maycy for winning the "Dresser of la Bi-Mios" Award. Click here to see her interview with us.



Check out the winning submission for HETI (Hapcho Experimental Theme Interpretation) Contest.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dresser of la Bi-Mois (Oct-Nov '11)

No doubt that Hapchian, Rachell Maycy, has contributed a lot in the monthly HOG. Her enthusiasm towards art in dressing and cosplaying is admittedly unparalleled as she would devour her time to attend most of the available gatherings, even tomorrow's exam paper can't stop her! Not to mention that Rachell is also a fervent dresser loved by her friends, she has a friendly appeal and most people who met Rachell adore every bit of her. Thus, Hapcho has awarded her "Dresser of la Bi-Mois" for her unwavering support for the group. She is the first Hapchian to receive this award and we believe that she really deserved it. We have also scheduled an interview with her, through this post you can know more about her and maybe get inspired and motivated by her stories!

1. How did you know about Hapcho?
I knew about Hapcho through Facebook.

2. When did your passion for dressing start and why did you continue pursuing in this hobby?
My passion for it started blooming when I knew about HobbyCon and I was 16 that year, but I have only started this hobby just last year (2010) due to SPM. My dad eventually gave me freedom afterwards too! I continued pursuing in this hobby because I just love it, there simply is no reason for my answer as it is the first thing I thought when questioned.


3. Joining the first HOG with a lot of strangers must be a nervous experience for most people, what is your feeling when you first joined HOG?
Yeah, I was very nervous but I already knew some people in the group so I just stick with them till I get to know the others! :)

4. When you join HOG (Hapcho Open Gathering), how do you interpret the theme through your costume?
I would imagine how other people would dress for the theme, and spice it up with my own imagination to create my desired costume.

5. Why is it that you always attended most of the HOGs?
Well, one of the factor is that HOG only happens once a month so I will make time for it. It won't affect much of my time and I also get to meet new friends in every HOG and most importantly, have fun. I do what I love.

6. Do you have any other hobbies?
I love hanging out with friends, playing basketball and roller-blade. I would love to try something new too!

7. Being chosen as a Award Winner, how do you feel?
I am very honored to be awarded "Dresser of la Bi-Mois". As I've said earlier, I do what I love, so I'm not surprised to have won this award, but I appreciate Hapcho for nominating me as the winner. (love!)

8. What do you anticipate from Hapcho in the future?
I hope the group will stay strong and long, as well as more members joining Hapcho in the future. It is because of Hapcho, I learn to strengthen my passion for cosplay and cosplay in a more confident manner elsewhere.

9. What do you want to tell to other Dressers or Cosplayers?
Just let your imagination fly and don't put it in a box... Be different and that's what make the world interesting anyway.

10. Is there anything extra you would love to shout out to the world right now?
Just do what you love and don't listen to other people who have always upset you - because you only live once, so make the best out of it. You are here to please yourself, not to the people who don't even support in what you do. Make every second counts, it's your life, not their's. You don't tell them what to do, so why should they tell you how to run your life? Am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home